Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Things That Weren't Mentioned On Setting Out: A Small Senior Citizen's Rant

In the past 36 hours, I've learned:

(1) that my accountant for the past dozen years or so has become so seriously ill that he's retiring and will no longer be doing taxes;
(2) that the absolutely trustworthy and reliable mechanic who's kept our cars going for almost 25 years has just closed up shop permanently;
and
(3) that the guy who owns the barber shop I've been going to for 10 years up and died yesterday.

I'm getting the very uncomfortable feeling that whatever powers may be are trying to tell me something, and I don't think I'm going to much like what it is.
_

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Oh dear. What a day & a half. I feel for you. However, a copy of Turbo Tax is only $30-40. Cars don't need as much care as they used to need. My wife cuts my hair; losing her would be a REAL loss.

However, it is also true that all those senior jokes people pass around are making a lot more sense.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home