Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Six Unspectacular Things About Myself

Paula at " Wingtips" has tagged me to list 6 unspectacular things about myself. How do you decide which unspectacular things are more noticeably unspectacular than all the others?  Oh, well; so much for metaphysics.  Here's my list:

1.  I'm seriously claustrophobic, so much so that I'm going to be cremated and have my ashes scattered over the hills or on the seashore rather than be stuck in a narrow, cramped box  several feet under the surface of the earth in the dark with all the icky, squirmy things  down there.  Me and Buffy.

2.  I have my contemporary poetry collection (which fills several large bookcases) divided by nationality but not otherwise; it can take me a couple of hours to find a book I'm looking for, especially if it's a U. S. poet, as that's the largest section of my collection.

3.  My favorite trees are the Eastern Cottonwood, the American Sycamore, and the Tulip Poplar.

4.  I have never skied; I never intend to.

5.  I like charcoal-grilled eggplant and red pepper strips with yogurt.

6.  I love to take long walks through the woods on slightly-chilly early spring and fall mornings.


6 Comments:

Blogger Mary O. Paddock said...

So I'm not the only claustrophic to decide on cremation because I really, seriously dislike small spaces. The fact that it's more eco-friendly is just a bonus.

I don't think the poetry collection will surprise anyone who follows your blog.

Eggplant on charcoal? hmm . . .

11:36 PM  
Blogger Frank Wilson said...

I want my ashes scattered in my garden. I like the same kind of walks you do. And, like you, nix on skiing. I like tulip poplars, but am very fond of beech trees.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Judith Fitzgerald said...

I never buy a house unless there are lilac trees growing on the property (thanks to Whitman); I dust the tops of my eight spice bottles; open doors drive me up the wall; I name my computers "Rudolph" and my trucks "Adam"; I organise my clothes according to ROY G BIV; and, Marshall McLuhan as well as yours truly, before we knew (of) each other, discovered we were both southpaw triskaedekaphobics (with a typical Catholic passion).

4:04 PM  
Blogger Judith Fitzgerald said...

p.s. You abso-deffo seem more spectac to me than me, Hedgie; and, yes, I don't organise by country; rather, I'm one of those neat-freaks, happily; but, oddly, my father was a ski instructor (as well as a boat builder for his day job); he once owned a ski resort called Curlew near Huntsville, ON. I have never donned a pair of skis in my life, either; still, you're more spectac, that's an-ec(h)o-without-saying tru-fac :).

4:22 PM  
Blogger Judith Fitzgerald said...

I think you need balance and symmetry, Hedgie; I think you need to now list six spectacular things about yourself and whip others into shape, too! You first, though :) . . .

You're claustrophobic; I'm agoraphobic; OMG, how will we decide about The Doors? LOL.
p.s. Five inches of snow on the ground right now; and, tonight? It will be minus eight! Georgia . . . Georgia . . .

3:59 AM  
Blogger Hedgie said...

Since you insist, here are two spectacular things which are related to myself, or hopefully will be in due course: Elberga and Mirralee.

Heh.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home