Saturday, May 20, 2006

"Satisfaction"

I unbutton your blouse and remove it,
then take your breasts in my hands,
warm, soft, hot-nippled, as you remove
my shirt and run your hands across my chest.
We stand, full of the other's touch, trembling.
Then I unfasten your flesh and peel it away,
bare the gleaming bone to my fingers,
and you open and slip off my flesh. We revel
in the firmness of bone, the rootedness of rock.
Now I unlatch your ribcage and swing it open,
spread wide about your heart. A snick as
you open mine and turn it on its hinges, just like
your own. We pause, anticipating the climax,
then each unplugs the other's aorta and and snaps it
into our own heart. We throb to the other's pulse,
strain to the other's need, burn to the other's heat,
each filled only by the self of the other.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie Carter said...

Well, you definitely took this in a different way than the beginning hinted at!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Hedgie said...

I hope that's a good thing.

8:24 PM  
Blogger scavella said...

It's a damn good thing, Hedge. I specially like the ribcage and the aorta bits. I am all admiration.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Hedgie said...

Thanks, Julie and Scavella. This just may be my favorite piece out of the whole two months of doing the poem-a-day thing. It needs work, but I think it's mostly sound. Now if I could just come up with a few dozen more like it . . . .

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is hot. what a fab, unusual twist with the delving deeper into body parts and the exchange - excellentay!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home